Friday, July 16, 2010

Block 4

I'm really enjoying doing these blocks. I'm also learning new stitches as I go. This time the new stitch was the Portugese stem stitch, you can directions here:
I used this stitch for outlining the bird.

Block 3

This is a pic of the finished block:

and this is a close up of the hearts. I learned chain stitch over the weekend so I could give the hearts a bit of zip

Block 2

Block 1

Instead of appliqueing the butterfly I did some satin stitch in yellow. I was given a jam jar of wee tiny pearls and used those for the flower centres. My french knots, well let's just say we don't see eye to eye, so I used black seed beads on the ends of the antennae.